I get asked often to post more, blog more, share more. It is very sweet that you all want to know more about me. (I think it’s crazy because I am just me and why would anyone want to know more about me) I am humbled that you do.
I have searched for questions on the web and other blogs to help me figure out what you might want to know: This is a random mix of facts and thoughts.
Where to start…hmmmm
- My Background is in Interior design. Other things I seriously considered before ID are Fashion Design, Makeup Artistry ( I was a counter manager in cosmetics for a while does that count?) Horticultureist and to think that now I can’t even keep A succulent alive-Shameful. I used to have a beautiful garden and a couple of times I planted a butterfly garden. I was asked to sing a country song and do some Hair commercials and be in a few music videos. I did not follow through with any of those. I am kinda shy and that stuff scared me- like being on camera.
- My favorite time of year is fall and winter. For the Fashion of course. JK Kinda – Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays -friends and family gathering and no pressure of gifts- though I love gifting people.
- My favorite candy is Peanut butter cups. MMMMM.. And Peanut M&M’s
- My favorite food is anything potato- It’s not paleo but it is GF so I’m good with that. And Truffle-Truffle Chocolate, Truffle salt, Truffle oil Truffle butter. YUM!
- My favorite exercise routine is Yoga – I like weights too but I really enjoy Yoga
- The color Palette in my home is Neutral. Very Neutral.
- A couple of times people have thought I was Kate Beckinsale. I’m not good with names so I had to look her up. Sure I look like her. HAHA!
- My Hobbies- like they vary I suppose. Painting for sure -not walls ugh no no no! painting Furniture. Shopping for shoes- Shoes always fit and never make you feel fat. cooking- I like cooking most in the fall/winter.
- I don’t like washing my hair. Yep, its true. I will wash it like once a week. Gasp! I know, I know.. It’s a lot of work I have naturally curly rather frizzy hair so the time it takes to dry it then flat iron or style the curls ugh!!
- Owning a shop was always a dream and Now I am living it.
- I like pets- I have a little dog, Billy. He is my snuggle buddy. I would like a cat someday and Billy likes cats so I think that would be cute and fun for him. His full name is Billy Bob Barker. He has a sister named Sarah Jessica Barker. (she lives with Dad*) But they have playdates.
- *I am separated going through a divorce- I don’t post or talk about it much because my kids follow or my see posts and I don’t think they need to see something that they already know. It’s a private matter and they/we need our space with this. I am sharing now because it is something that many people have tried to figure out by asking me the MOST RANDOM questions. So there it is.
- I’ve lived in many cities. I have had big houses and currently a small Condo. I am comfortable in either. I adapt well.
- I have gone from having no car because I couldn’t afford one-Riding the bus to having “Fancy” cars. I liked My MB’s But I didn’t like the maintenance. I really like my car now. Explorer sport. It whistles. Funny story- When I first got it I thought something was wrong with it – I told my 15year old that I needed to get it checked – He said, “Mom it’s supposed to do that, its cool” Hmmm.. I learned that it is cool. LOL
- I have 3 boys- 25, 23 and 15. And an adorable Granddaughter 1 month
- I Really like the city but I could also see myself on a farm. As long as I have enough furniture to paint and horses to ride and my family close- like in my mind we all have houses on the property- and I would cook family meals and we would have outdoor movie nights and s’mores. That would be amazing and I would be so happy.
- I was taking horse riding lessons until I got a grumpy horse that bonked me on the head with his head while walking him to the ring. I haven’t been riding since. I think its time. I ride English.
- My Favorite colors are White, charcoal Grey and Navy Blue. I like gold accessories in home decor.
- My style is BOHO eclectic in Home and fashion.
- I’m Forgetful and I don’t remember names- Sorry. enter eeks big eyes emoji face here.
- I take on too much- It is hard for me to say no. I am a people pleaser.
- My Favorite drinks are – Coffee and Tea.Starbucks is my go to pretty much every morning. I don’t drink alcohol.
- McDonald’s is my go to for French Fries. Nothing else only French Fries.
- I lost about 60 GASP!! pounds almost 3 years ago now. I am GF totally GF. its not a trend for me- I get asked this. Have HypOthyroidism. Well that just sucks!! Through my eating lifestyle and an amazing doctor it’s not so bad.
- I am happy! Even through some of this chapter of my life’s crazy, challenging struggles, I am happy. #choosehappy
One thought on “Let’s try this Again…”
So fun to read. You are an inspiration! A beautiful person that we can all relate to and feel connection with because of your warmth, casual style and daily antics. Thanks for keeping it real girl!